UPCOMING SHOWS

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day VI. IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE


.Friday, April 1


(guitars - Tracks 1 - 6.)


After an incredibly productive day yesterday, we jumped right in and got my rhythm's finished up. It took a couple hours, as I had left a few of the trickier parts for the end. We are on a pretty tight schedule, so we had to figure out the best use of our time. That meant doing all the stuff we were nice and comfortable with first, and worrying about the tricky stuff when the time arose.


After a quick break for some grub we started getting into the part that I have been most excited about from day 1; The overdrive, clean, and effects. AvohFasih has an intense amount of dynamics guitar wise. Especially if you put it up against Endeavors, which we had basically 4 tones on; a cranked 6505+, a cranked Mesa Tremo-Verb (both through a peavey jsx 4x12) a solo/lead tone, and an acoustic on one track. With Avoh, Erik and I each have a defined rhythm sound for the bulk of the record, but every other tone, effect, etc, was dialed in specifically for the part it was to be used on. We literally sat and played with knobs, pedals, amps and whatever else, looking for the sound that gave us the "feel" we wanted for the specific part we were recording. As a great, and funny example, Erik had to record a majority of track 1 laying on a bed with his head hanging off the end (supported by a camp chair arm)  because when the guitar faced the ceiling at that exact point in the room, we had the full amount of gain we needed with the least amount of buzz. I am not joking, there's pictures....below in fact! haha


Anyway, obviously I don't want to get into specifics, but I hope anyone taking enough time to read this blog will take enough time to sit down with the record when it's done, put on the best pair of head phones or earbuds, and just relax as you listen. For those of you who truly enjoy soaking up music like I do (usually on my favorite spot on the couch, with my dog by my side, and just a lamp on in the corner) and really give it your full attention, we are packing in "ear candy" like it's going out of style! The amount of depth in the guitar tones, the various delays and melodic effects, everything is being done 100% intetionally to attach emotion to our brand of metal.


Tonight was also incredibly fun for me personally because we had a couple visitors who are really close to my heart come in and put their own little stamp on the record. That would be my fiancĂ©e, Dani, and my sister LeAnn. I could go on for days about how happy it makes me to finally be able to include my sister and her talent into our music, and that has nothing to do with the fact that my parents have been bugging me about it for years.  Who wouldn't be excited to have the person they share their life with get to join in on something as close to their heart as their music?  Forgive the mushiness, but wow, what a cool and fun experience.


Well, this beast is really starting to take shape, but we are running low on time. Tomorrow, Steve is going to be doing some slight mixing and editing, and then we hope to start bass, and get at least very close to finishing guitars...progress!
-T




 

No comments:

Post a Comment