UPCOMING SHOWS

Monday, August 6, 2012

Erik's Live Rig

Hey all, Erik here. Seeing as Tim threw up his rig, thought I'd let you guys see what's happening on the other side of the stage. Hope you gear hounds are still paying attention...
Warrior "Fully Armed Knight" Guitars These guitars are unbelievable. Excellent build quality and superb tone from these guys. The guitars have a unique neck shape that make them almost effortless to play. The quilt top is loaded with Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 in the bridge position and Jazz bridge in the neck, while the natural mahogany has a Suhr SSH+ bridge and SSV+ neck set. Both sets have tons of output and are coil tapped to allow single coil tones. I like to get silly with my pickups to get different sounds throughout the set. These guys run through my board into...
Splawn Quickrod (early 3 pre version) I've had a lot of great amps, but this guy beats them all (for now). A 'roid raging Marshall. This thing can do Plexi to hot-rodded JCM800 with ease. Get the right pickup combo and the clean is pretty decent too. What's this pumping into?
Port City WaveOS 2x12 "The best sounding 4x12 that just happens to have 2 speakers." I found this beauty in my local guitar super store Dave's Guitar Shop (where I found most of my rig really) and I don't think it'll be going anywhere. This cab blows me away every time I plug into it. The front port design adds the low end and thickness of a 4x12 without the extra speakers or weight. This beat out a Mesa OS 4x12 in my book. And then there's.....
THE BOARD! This guy is ever changing for me, but it's loaded with some awesome effects to bring out the layers Tim talked about earlier in Avoh. Starting in the upper left, a TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb. Awesome reverbs from old school spring 'verbs to haunting cavernous echos. Modtone Analog Delay, cool little short analog delay for some leads. ISP Decimator G String pedal to keep things quiet. Eventide Pitchfactor, TONS of cool sounds in this guy, great harmonies and synths in this. When I get bored I start going thru this thing to see what other sounds I can find in it. Korg Pitchblack Plus tuner, great reliable tuner with two inputs programmable for different tunings. From bottom left, Line6 DL4 Delay Modeler, fantastic delays in this thing with an easy to use looper, MXR EVH Phase 90, the coolest phaser I think, the EVH model has the old school "script" version and the newer "block" phase. T.C. Jeaurnig Gristle KING pedal. Great tube screamer on the left, gain boost on the right. Many cool tones from this guy. You can even switch the gain boost to be pre or post tube screamer to act as a volume boost or gain boost. Everything is connected from board to amp with a cool cable called the Pedalsnake. It has four different cables in one, each with Midi connectors on the ends that accept different adaptors to run audio or power signals, so I can keep my power supplies back behind my amp and run audio to the front of the amp and to/from the effects loop. Cool thing is that as my rig changes, I can change the ends of the cables as needed without buying different cables altogether, plus it's just one calbe running to the board instead of 4 or 5. So there it is! You can see all this and us on tour in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment