UPCOMING SHOWS

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Year's End Pt. 1: Will's top 7

So this year again, we've taken time to bring you our own personal "Top" listing for the year of 2012. I've decided against a "top 10" as most people do, for the bands that I've caught live this year, in the moment that I saw them it was perfect! No video feed or recording could possibly capture the true emotion and depth of atmosphere and the underlying "feeling" of what these bands accomplished! And so I'm reflecting on the year with the number Seven which to me represents a perfect numeral which breaks order (10).
I do not list these bands in any order, because to do so would build an unjust bias. With that I give you my "Perfect 7 List of 2012:" (7 bands that really kicked ass live in the Twin Cities!)
 1.) Morality Crisis
 2.) O'death
 3.) Russian Circles
 4.) The World / Inferno Friendship Society
 5.) Guzzlemug
 6.) Speaker Eater
 7.) Lungs
 A couple of these bands have a few things in common, but there are a vast number of differences separating them entirely onto 7 different planes. A challenge to anyone who wants to check any of them out is to prepare your mind and let it marinade in every note and pitch, close your eyes and let it take you on a journey. Concentrate and reflect. Open your 3rd eye and let it speak directly to you! Imagine! Hope everyone has a happy New Years celebration, see you on the other side! (2013)
-WSOrwell

No comments:

Post a Comment